Sunday 12 January 2014

A new coach and a good start to 2014

I thought I would start this blog with a list of my booked events in 2014. I got this idea from another person's blog and thought it would be useful to some. It'll be a great help for me and probably my family and furthermore would be great to know if any Pirates or Twitter friends will be there too.


February 

8th - South Devon Marathonhttp://www.endurancelife.com/

23rd - Charlton Duathlonhttp://trytri.co.uk/

March

2nd - Reading half marathonhttp://www.readinghalfmarathon.com/

6-13th - La Santa Lanzarote traininghttp://www.clublasanta.co.uk/

April

6th - a2c Sprint Triathlonhttp://trytri.co.uk/

May

5th - Milton Keynes Marathonhttp://mkmarathon.com/

17th - Ironman Lanzarote (Lanzarote 11th-22nd)http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman/lanzarote.aspx#axzz2qCQllZor

June

15th - Ironman 70.3 Wimbleball (sold out)

July

27th - Outlaw (sold out)

August

9-16th - Channel Swim slot

September

14th - Ironman Wales (sold out)

28th - Ealing half marathonhttp://www.ealinghalfmarathon.com/

October

11th - KONA?

 This list may be added to throughout the year but I hope to see some of you there and if anyone is around to shout support at me let me know! Also some of you may be wondering why I am doing a half marathon 2 weeks after Ironman Wales. Well, I have heard many people at work say they want to start running or complete a marathon or half marathon throughout 2013. So I decided to set up a work half marathon whereby many can achieve their goal. I always think the best way to achieve something is to book it so you HAVE to train for it. So that is why I am doing it and who knows as I should be in the peak of my fitness maybe I'll even get a PB?
 On the topic of events and training I recently found some statistics that outlines the average amount of training an Age Group qualifier does;
  • Swimming miles per week; 7
  • Biking miles per week; 232
  • Running miles per week; 48

 With this in mind I need to do more. I know this is generic and not personalised but as a guide it is a good inclination as to how much I should be doing. After having no contact with Rick Kiddle to follow up my coaching wishes and as the time is ticking I have decided to get another in Mark Kleanthous. Mark has been an inspiration of mine for a long time. In fact I remember when I first got into triathlon I bought a book, The 'Complete Book of Triathlon Training' which he had written. Mark has also achieved much during his own triathlon and Ironman career. He has completed two double Ironman distance races and a triple Ironman in under 46 hours. Furthermore he has completed 36 Ironman's and 71 marathons. So as my best friend Ele said when she saw he had commented on my blog, "He's kind of a big deal". This comment is on my 'Reflections and Resolutions' blog whereby he wrote, "Hollie this was a truly inspirational read. Wishing you all the very best in 2014 & your journey to Kona. See you at the races!". If his credentials aren't enough to want him as my coach then his interest in my story is another reason. Hopefully his excitement and want to help me succeed will lead to a great patnership.



Mark Kleanthous

 In other news there has been an exciting new development on the house front. After a rather heavy night on Wednesday (8th) where I had my best friend and her boyfriend over to stay I got a call about a house in Marlow that had fallen through twice and would be perfect for us. So I managed to drag my guests out of bed and rushed to Marlow, even if they were in a somewhat hungover state. It did not take long at all to know that the house was beautiful and truly was perfect. I asked Dan when we walked in, "How many seconds do they say it is for you to know you want a house" to which Dan replied, "10 I think", I quickly retorted "Make that 2". After a stressful 2 days we got the house and I cannot be happier. Moving to Marlow offers so much more in the way of shops and lifestyle and I can already see many runs along the River Thames which I could run to in 2 minutes from our front door. Fingers crossed everything goes through - but what a great start to 2014!





 On Friday and Saturday I travelled home to take my nieces out for their birthdays. I took Amber, 14, to see 'Frozen' at the cinema, followed by a treat meal of KFC (it'll be the last of the year promise!). On Saturday I took Phoebe, 6, for lunch at Pizza Hut and then treated her to a Pug teddy at The Bear Factory. I came out of there with a very damaged bank balance, I just cannot resist her beautiful smile - she has truly got me wrapped around her little finger. It was lovely to spend the time with my nieces and will continue to do this for all of my brother and sisters children for their birthdays.
 As well as seeing my family I also met my sisters new addition to the family - my Pug Larry's brother from another mother, Nando (named after Rosie's love of the restaurant). I am seriously broody for another Pug now! He is however, great fun and a comforting addition to my sister and the family. 

Phoebe got camera shy (the dressed up pug isn't)

Larry and Nando

 Well I'm all up to date now. So Monday starts a new week and a new shift, the earlies 0700-1900. I have a Wattbike, run and strength/weight sessions planned. Catch up soon! 
        






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment